Places to visit
Naujoji Įpiltis shrine hill
Naujoji Įpiltis sacred hill, also called Alka hill, stands near Skuodas road on moraine hill. A wooden chapel, several shrines and crosses were built on top of it. Legends say that in ancient times Alka hill was a pagan temple and a holy town stood near it. Later on, the temple vanished to the ground and the town disintegrated. Local inhabitants gather on the sacred hill for May Mass, build chapels and crosses on them since old times and in 1924 a chapel was built.